The New Basement Furniture

27 Jan

The new basement furniture arrived yesterday morning.

Which was good because since getting rid of the older furniture, sitting on the basement floor to watch movies with Bear Cub was taking a toll on my back and leaving me with a cold bum.
The dilemma now is that we have too much furniture.

Initially when Papa Bear and I went furniture shopping, we were just looking to replace the sofa and loveseat but what we ended up getting was a bit more.

We found a reclining sofa and loveseat at Fisher Home Furnishings  that we both liked but it was part of a 5-piece set that included a coffee table with two end tables.  Since buying just the sofa and loveseat alone would have been more expensive, we bought the tables as well.
The problem with buying this 5-piece set is that a 6th piece of furniture was included for “free”.  A rocking recliner.
The problem, at least to me, is that we don’t have the space for it in the basement.  Or anywhere else in the house for that matter.

To make some sense out of the basement for now, I’ve put the new furniture, more or less,  where the older furniture use to be. For now, the recliner is behind the loveseat until we figure out what to do with it.

Due to several of the doors in the basement we’re sort of limited with our furniture placement so that probably won’t change too much but I do have some other ideas I’m working on for the other areas.
I’ll definitely update you when I’m done.

Anyone wanna buy a nice new rocking recliner?

About these ads

6 Responses to “The New Basement Furniture”

1. over the pond January 27, 2012 at 3:21 pm #

Tht suite looks so comfy. Cant’t what to try it out.
    Give the rocker recliner to Bear Cub for his bedroom – I am sure he can make good of a nice big chair all of his own!!

• Mama Bear January 27, 2012 at 6:12 pm #

Great minds! That’s what I told PB.

2. Sistah-in-Law January 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm #

Looks great! We have the same problem in our little townhouse. The furniture that looked great in our house just doesn’t fit!

3. PB January 27, 2012 at 9:02 pm #

It looks very nice. I look forward to actually enjoying it in March.

4. countrybumpkin1 January 28, 2012 at 6:26 am #

Looks awesome!! We have a couch and it looks exactly like what you guys have only a little darker!

5. Violet Bridges February 22, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

I had a sofa that looked much like your new one – most comfortable sofa ever! I can’t tell if yours has exactly the same fabric, but ours was chenille and was the best place for naps on the planet. Hope yours will be as comfy!