Originally todays blog was to be about another topic, but after opening up my email this morning I found something there that was both surprising and humbling. I found that we’d been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
We would like to thank SuperNova at Digging History for honoring The Homestead with this wonderful award.
In receiving this award, there are a few rules that must be followed:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State seven things about yourself. (yikes!)
- Name 15 other bloggers and link back to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
With number 1 and 2 done, I’m moving on to number 3.
3. State Seven Things About Yourself (since this is family blog, I’ll include 7 things about all of us)
- Our wedding anniversary is on St. Patrick Day.
- We live in Utah, but we are not Mormons
- Papa Bear was born in England, Mama Bear was born in Illinois and Bear Cub was born in Maryland. Oh, and not to be left out, Gabe was born in Iowa and Evie was born here in Utah.
- Gabe smells like a big worm after being outside and his feet smell like Fritos. Evie smells like Gabe saliva.
- Bear Cub would like to be a writer when he grows up and he’s currently working on a short story for a creative writing contest he’s entered. Wish him luck!
- Papa Bear would like to be a metal detecting/ice fishing/Grizzly Adams when he grows up. He plans on doing this full time after he retires from the UHP down the road. Wish him luck!
- Mama Bear is currently considering going back to school to learn welding. PB is just learning about his now as he reads the blog. They’ll discuss. Wish her luck!
4. Name 15 Other Bloggers and Link Back to Them
- 3 Foragers
- Bushman’s Wild Hiking
- Life on a Small Island
- Utah War and Camp Floyd Cemetery
- Wyman Meinzer- Texas State Photographer
- It Just Comes Naturally
- The Fraker Farm
- Ben Here Dug This
- My Purgatory
- Just the Five of Us
- Our Lady of Second Helpings
- The Survivalist Blog
- Belle Grove Plantation
- Derfwad Manor
- The Pond Blog
They say inspiration comes in many different forms and in their unique way, each of these 15 bloggers have inspired us. Inspired us to laugh, think, create, learn and discuss. And to them, we say thank you.
5. Notify Those Bloggers of the Nomination and the Award’s requirements-Done!
Thank you again Super(Duper)Nova!