So it Snowed Yesterday

28 Jan

We received over a foot of snow yesterday.

back of fenceWe had so much snow coming down, Papa Bear was called out to work on his day off.
I know he didn’t love the near white out conditions on the freeway but I’m sure the 12 hours of overtime on the next paycheck will somehow help him forget the pain and suffering of yesterday.

lots of snow

drivewayWhile PB was out playing in traffic I shoveled snow.  I think if I hadn’t, he wouldn’t have been able to get back into the driveway.  Everyone that ventured out was getting stuck.

path to gabes looWhile I was at it, I went ahead and made a path for Gabe so he could access his loo.

path down the sidewalkAnd a path down the sidewalk for Bear Cub so he could get to his bus stop.

mailboxAnd last but not least, I dug out the mail box.  Cause we wouldn’t want to miss out on any bills now would we?

treesDespite all the headaches (and backaches) these big snow storms create, they sure do make for pretty pictures sometimes.
The sun made a brief appearance this morning and when it did, these trees look beautiful.

About these ads

9 Responses to “So it Snowed Yesterday”

1. sarahlouisek January 28, 2013 at 4:51 pm #

Love it…so beautiful…please send any overlfow to Chicago!

2. Mama Bear January 28, 2013 at 8:25 pm #

Gladly!

3. mommy dearest January 29, 2013 at 12:28 am #

On the way to Chicago, drop a little here too. Tomorrow is expected to set a new record, temp. wise. At least 63 tomorrow, 59 back in 1914. It is 56 now at 1:30 am– I’m thinking more than 63 tomorrow. Want to come home??

4. Sistah-in-Law January 29, 2013 at 7:02 am #

Haha our one-inch snowfall last week pales in comparison. When Utah does it, Utah means it.

• Mama Bear January 29, 2013 at 7:46 am #

Yep! And it’s doing it again today!

5. Stephen Hughes January 29, 2013 at 7:07 am #

The UK where I live is such a wuss (some times)!…
    It snowed only a few weeks ago about 10-12 cm and hundred of schools closed, trains stopped play and the airports closed…! typical – Look at the amount you had, I but all the trained were on time!

• Mama Bear January 29, 2013 at 8:01 am #

I think Mother Nature is making up for what she forgot to send us last year. Let us know if you’d like us to send some over…we have excess!

6. over the pond January 29, 2013 at 7:20 am #

We grind to a halt over here with just 2 inches of the white stuff. I remember walking home from school through 3 foot drift. Those were the days! But it certainly looks lovely, and just think of the free toning session you had!!!!!!

• Mama Bear January 29, 2013 at 7:57 am #

A free toning session with Mother Nature as my coach! She’s giving me another work out today. The snow is really coming down right now.